We care about providing you with the tools and information to manage and protect your online privacy. We have therefore developed a policy to inform you about the types of information the SchoolMessenger services and website collect, who may receive that information, and what we may do with the information.
SchoolMessenger is also a signatory to the Student Privacy Pledge (www.studentprivacypledge.org), and its commitments and protections are reflected in both how we deliver our services, and in our responsible stewardship and appropriate use of educator, student, and parent information.
While we have made every attempt to make this policy as clear as possible, if you have any questions about this policy, contact us at:
100 Enterprise Way Suite A-300
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
Our services collect the following types of information:
- Traditional contact information such as mailing addresses, phone and fax numbers.
- Internet contact information such as email addresses.
- Session information such as IP addresses.
- Account validation data such as user names and passwords.
We use this information to verify your account, to correspond with you, to deliver our services, to resolve problems that you encounter, and to improve our service.
Some of our services and websites may use a cookie for session login. Only a unique ID is stored in the cookie that identifies your session on the server. It expires after a defined period of inactivity or when you close your browser, whichever is soonest, and does not contain any personally identifiable information.
Some of our websites may also use anonymous cookies to collect non-personal information such as website activity, length of time spent on our sites, and types of browsers and devices used to access our site. This data allows us to understand site usage patterns and make our websites easier to use. Also, if you submit your personal information via a web form on our public marketing website at www.schoolmessenger.com, we may utilize a persistent cookie to recognize when your computer visits our website. This allows us to provide personalized content.
The information we collect is not sold, traded, leased or loaned to any third parties, ever. Only our employees who need access to the information in order to do their jobs have access to it.
- We do not sell, trade, lease or loan any data about our website users or service subscribers to any third party, ever. Your contact information, the contact information for all of a customer’s constituents, your communications and your documents are private and protected against unauthorized access.
- We do not send any unsolicited e-mail, unsolicited calls, unsolicited text messages or unsolicited faxes.
- We do not sell information to direct marketers or any other third parties. We do not distribute information to any third parties except as may be required to relay or deliver messages to intended recipients.
- We do not disclose any non-public information about you, except as required or permitted by law.
Under U.S. law, there is an affirmative duty of service providers to the public to report to the Federal government's Cyber Tip Line knowledge of facts or circumstances of online child pornography. In the above events, we reserve rights of disclosure to others.